Short Wings Over Saratoga – SWPC Convention 2013
Just a quick note about the convention and Day 3 before we head out on the Lake George Dinner Cruise.
The weather today here in Saratoga Springs is gorgeous, albeit humid and hot. After days of cloudy weather, even hot and humid is nice because we can walk around and enjoy the beautiful city and will have good weather tonight for our cruise on Lake George.
I know there was a briefing for the Flying Poker Run this morning at 10:00. I have yet to hear if the run was a “go” but I’m assuming it did happen because the weather was flyable. I’ll report in as soon as I know.
I don’t have a firm number on how many are registered at the convention this year but do have some convention numbers for you that you might find interesting:
- Number of people registered for the Membership Luncheon – 104
- Number of people on the Saratoga National Battlefield Site tour – 60
- Number of non-Short Wings that flew in – 2 (both Pipers)
- Number of Short Wings that flew in (as of my count yesterday) – 11
- Number of natural springs in and around Saratoga Springs – approximately 17
- Number of eleven-year-old boys in attendance – 3 (Jason, Jacob and Ryan)
- Number of 5 foot tall, pointe shoe sculptures found in Saratoga Springs – 24
Now for some pictures of Saratoga Springs so you can see a bit of what this beautiful city is like. Click on an image to view in a larger size.
Your Website Content Manager